Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In other news...

My brother, Justin and his wife, Bekka just welcomed their first child into the world on Tuesday, February 26, 2008. Scarlett Kay Nelson was born at 6:35pm central time, weighing 8lb 11oz and measuring 21 inches long. This little one is my parents' first grandchild! (And the pressure is off of us for a while!) We are hoping she will be able to take my dad's mind off his cancer and instead focus his heart on his God and his family.

Scarlett2
proud daddy Justin, proud grandma, Linda

Scarlett3
Mommy Bekka and baby

Scarlett5
Going out in that nasty Minnesota weather! She looks half like Mommy and half like Daddy!

Scarlett6
Happy family!

Scarlett8
Stealing his heart already!

Scarlett7
Finally home!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, what a blessing! What a cute mommy and daddy, and what an adorable baby! The timing could not have been more perfect...

Amanda said...

I love, love , LOVE all the tips you're leaving me. I thought of you today as I was organizing a huge new stack of coupons (my FIL collects them where he lives and mails a package to me once a month) and thought we'd probably be good shopping buddies if we were in closer proximity. I missed out on the Peter Pan deal -- WHERE WAS THAT, and more importantly, IS IT STILL VALID?!!!