Friday, April 18, 2008

This is SO last minute, but anyways....

Alright, who likes Pampered Chef? Have a need? Have a want? Here you go!

I am hosting a show with my co-workers next week with the help of Suzanne, a friend from church and Pampered Chef consultant. She recommended I also extend the offer beyond the actual show so others have the opportunity to order and contribute to this fund-raiser, which will benefit my dad's medical and funeral expenses.















Unfortunately, money issues have always sort of plagued my dad. Even as the nurses wheeled him into surgery in February, back when they first discovered the advanced cancer, he was asking about when he would get to return to work! And of course, he never did return. He is even to this day very concerned about my mom being taken care of after he passes away.

I know that all of his worrying does not show complete trust in our God, who is more faithful to meet our needs, but if I can help alleviate some of his concern in even this small way, I will do it. I want nothing more than for him to rid himself of the world's cares and focus his last moments on the One who takes care of His children in every circumstance. We are certainly not sufficient enough to provide the deeper needs of mankind; only Christ can fill us up and make us rich in Him!

All that aside, if you want to participate, here is the link to Suzanne's Pampered Chef site. They have a "new products" catalog for all you "seasoned" users (no pun intended, unless you own a stone!). I don't have a deadline as of yet, but I imagine by the end of next week. I'll provide that detail once I'm aware.

My favorite products (staples, really) include, the Large and Small Batter Bowls (gotta love the handle and spout), the Prep Bowl Set (I use them for everything), all of the different Scrapers, and of course, the Food Chopper (couldn't make sweet potato casserole without it!). I am definitely more of a baker than I am a cook, but I started collecting Pampered Chef shortly after college, and I'm so glad I did because we'd be eating Honey Bunches of Oats every night if I didn't have a few of these handy-dandy gadgets!

Absolutely NO pressure. I am firmly a person who refuses to give into pressure. This is simply an opportunity to give and to get at the same time. Prayers for our family continue to stand as the greatest single fountain of support we could receive from anyone.

I spoke with my dad again yesterday, on my way home from work. I couldn't actually understand much of what he was saying because his speech is slow and his words now slur. He cannot even hold the phone up to his ear by himself. Yet it was a blessed conversation! It felt like a burden lifted! We talked about Heaven and the resurrection, and prayer, and anticipation, and honor, and love, and hope, and all of the good things in between. No beating around the bush this time or keeping to lighter subjects with the goal of taking his his mind off his condition. Death is reality to him now. It's not a buzz word. I pray he begins to embrace it and long for it.

I hope I get another chance to continue our conversation this side of heaven, but we are holding on to daily victories at this point. For all of you who know my dad and even those who don't and live nearby, I'll post funeral arrangements whenever that may be. When it comes down to it, we are celebrating the continuation of his life! This is only the beginning! He even said so himself the other day while sharing and crying with his sister. To illustrate the length of this life in comparison to Eternity, he simply snapped his fingers. And just as soon as we snap our own, we will already be with him. Rejoice!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

No beating around the bush this time or keeping to lighter subjects with the goal of taking his his mind off his condition. Death is reality to him now. It's not a buzz word. I pray he begins to embrace it and long for it.

Tara -- You have absolutely amazed me through this process. I still wish things were different for you all, but to see the love and faith and grace exhibited here... it's truly remarkable.

I don't need any Pampered Chef stuff, but I would like to make a contribution. Can you e-mail me your (or an) address to send it to?

heyblogger[at]yahoo[dot]com

Amanda said...

Or for a little more confidentiality, you may consider setting up a Paypal account for contributions. Please let me know if you do...

Amanda said...

All seriousness aside, I normally have very bad things to say about Lifetime movies also. Can't wait to read your post!