Wednesday, April 30, 2008

storytime

Grandpa reads to Scarlett. Taken sometime mid-March. Oh, how he loved her!!!



So many are losing little ones lately. My blog friend Amanda just observed the one-year anniversary of her infant son, Zachary's death. My years-long acquaintance, Roz, just in the last couple weeks miscarried a daughter at 6 weeks. My college friend Amanda' brother and sister-in-law, Bobby and Sara, are still reeling months after losing their infant son, Paul. Angie Smith (wife of Selah's Todd Smith) recently carried their fourth daughter for months, only to enjoy her for just a couple hours after her birth. My cousin's wife Lisa is currently on her third or fourth pregnancy, hoping desperately to reach full term for the first time.

I'd like to think that these precious children are at this moment filling in as temporary grandkids for my dad. We longed to have had so much more time with him, yet I wouldn't wish him back to this earth for anything, now that he's experienced the glories of heaven and the presence of Jesus.

Maybe he will read each of them a story, too.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the thought of your daddy with my baby. I really do...

tsh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kori said...

Hi! I came across your blog through a comment for Angie on the Audrey Caroline blog. My husband is currently struggling with Stage 4 recurrent Colon cancer as well as Cystic Fibrosis. I have sat here for the past several hours reading your story and the struggles your dad as well as your family have had to face. It is all to familiar to me. I hope to be hearing from you. You are the first one that I have come across that actually knows what we are facing. God bless you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now it's my turn to bawl! My daddy never got to meet his granddaughter (our daughter), so it's nice to think that maybe he's up there, too, playing and reading with all the babies who never got to meet their families...he was always great with kids.