Monday, September 12, 2005

Reflecting

God places us in specific situations with specific people and for specific seasons, each for a specific purpose or purposes. At times I get frustrated and I'm tempted to give up because I'm not visibly seeing God working in hearts. I'm glad that, despite my past and present failures in this regard, every so often God allows me to catch a glimpse of His power, as He revealed last night. If God is going to use me in this family, and if God is going to use you in your workplace or community, it is going to be in SPITE of me, in SPITE of you. If not, our Christianity that we are trying to peddle is a fake. If all the glory doesn't go to Him, we are wasting our time.

Often God uses us in ways we never thought we could be used. God does use those failures. Also, He often uses the simple, even seemingly mundane things we do or say to make a difference. God uses the good, the bad, and the ugly--He uses it all. Grace is a marvelous thing, isn't it?

Obedience, love, and faithfulness--that's what I'm trying to work on right now. Seeing God's power in action like last night is indeed motivation to keep striving for those things. Yet, I think of all the ways God reveals Himself in the world and in my life that I have not even recognized. Perhaps if I kept a more consistent heavenly mindset I would see them more and be even more greatly encouraged toward the effectiveness of the Holy Spirit in my life. Encouraged to dig deeper, climb higher, and run faster for the sake of Christ.

In this way, I long for greater spiritual eyesight....but perhaps I ought to FIRST long for a more spiritual HEART.

No comments: