Saturday, June 19, 2010

Do skinny people have better summers?

Somebody posed this question on Facebook today. Interesting question, is it not? Of course, I could wax about state of mind and healthy vs. skinny and all that, but I currently have a specific opinion on the topic.

From someone who was at her thinnest this time last summer (I got way into running) to now just having had a baby two months ago and still up 15lbs, I have mixed feelings.

For sure this summer is absolutely so much richer with a little one to share it with. You just can't top that!

On the other hand, getting dressed in the morning is none too fun due to the fact I don't fit into most of the outfits I wore last summer. I never used to have to think about what to wear, I'd just throw something on and feel great. This year, I change clothes at least twice (trying my best to resist the easy maternity jean) before finally feeling comfortable. Ugh. So in that respect I wish it were fall or winter so I could hide behind sweaters and not have to show as much leg!

All I can say is I can't wait until my baby is 6mo so I can start jogging with him in the jogging stroller!!! I do weights and squats at home but that just doesn't burn fat like running does!

Oh, and I definitely enjoyed eating more last summer because I could eat whatever I wanted without thinking! Not the case this summer - ha!

So do skinny people have better summers? Overall, I would say no. More comfortable, carefree summers? In my opinion, yes! Come quickly, cool, Autumn breezes, come!



















This is mid-June last year, almost to the day. My general goal is to fit back into those shorts before short season is over.

1 comment:

megan said...

I love your blog! Thanks so much for commenting on mine, as it allowed me to find you! I read your blogger profile, and I think we have a lot in common! No baby for me yet though :). I love John Piper, and I agree with you about the balance thing. Have you read anything by Ortberg? I like him as well. And Bookends by Jerry Bridges is about the most balanced book you'll ever read - love that one. :)