Saturday, June 12, 2004

Naptime in Nannyland

Gearing up for a camping weekend!!!

Well, boys are leaving tomorrow, and I will join them next week. But it's no fun camping in the rain, no matter how much I like roughing it! Julie Sweeney's parents own a cabin up north where they annually invite all 6 of their children and families to go boating and fishing for a week. That means I only have to work 2 days next week! Yeah!!!

It will be nice because with my summer work schedule I won't be able to counsel at actual CAMP this year, as I've done ever since I was too old to be a camper myself. I'll miss that. I have some good memories of camp, well, and I met one of my best friends at camp before the 5th grade. Jen and I went on to become college roommates throughout our years in college. We are very similar in many ways, yet very different, too. Jen is a night owl, I am NOT. That meant while she jabbered on the phone till 1 a.m. every night I annoyed her by crashing into dressers and desks in the wee hours of the morning. While she is a social butterfly and a classic flirt, I am a cautious observer before I allow myself to get close to someone (but when I do, they are friends for life). Jen is more of a "live for the moment", spontaneous kind of person while I am sentimental by nature and thrive off ready made plans. Oddly enough, we think SO alike and we even finish each other's sentences. It didn't matter that she was an Oscar and I was a Felix. We got on each other's nerves plenty, but we pride ourselves by saying we never once had an all-out cat fight! And that's rare in the girls’ dormitory! LOL Now I'm just scared to know what it's like to live with a MAN someday! I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there!!

Well, the boys' half hour is about up, so I better high-tail it upstairs. And hey, the sun is coming out! Yay! I'll just save this for now and pick it back up when I get another chance. TGIF! It actually turned out to be a muggy 75 degrees today. The best part is that the boys and I spent over an hour in the backyard digging for night crawlers. Didn't take much effort what with all the rain we got the last couple days. Now we have a TON of bait to use on the camping trip! It was a messy job...but somebody's gotta do it! Well, and then after I told the boys to take their shoes off OUTSIDE before heading inside, I enter the house just in time to see Adam sitting on my bathroom floor, bawling. He had tried to wash his mud-caked shoes in my sink and had not only plugged up the drain, gotten mud all over the floor and walls, but didn't even make a single dent in the mud on the bottom of his shoes! When he saw my face he just cried harder! It took me a couple minutes, but I was finally able to laugh it off. Poor guy...

No comments: