Friday, September 25, 2009

Got Ice Cream?













Then you will love this super easy topping recipe. It is my go-to/master recipe for chocolate sauce/glaze and it is so amazing and so delicious you just might throw away your bottle of Hershey's! (Well, or at least keep it around for the occasional chocolate shot mouth-squirt.)

It's smooth....glossy....thick....buttery....and oh, so rich!
























Need I say more??

It is absolutely terrific warm but I love it after it's been refrigerated a few minutes (I don't like soupy, melty ice cream).

Try it! And, you might as well add a few copies to your files now because it won't be long before your recipe card gets all yummy-smudgy!


A VERMONTER'S CHOCOLATE SAUCE

3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
(I used dutch process this time and oh. My. Word.)
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter
(no pre-melting necessary)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk

Whisk all ingredients together and bring to a boil slowly until thick. When thickened, remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla.


Serve over ice cream, pour over brownies, glaze a bundt cake (I've tried all three!), or devour by spoonfuls (I mean four!).


Note: May wish to double recipe if serving more than 2 or 3. You will want seconds!



















*Created, developed, and perfected in Vermont by Mr. Bruce Nyquist. I am forever indebted to your "culinary" genius!


Kelly's Korner
is whipping up a triple batch of dessert recipes today. Check it out and tempt that sweet tooth!

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh my heavens, my mouth is watering. this looks divine!!

Stephanie said...

Chocolate goodness!!! I never even knew that making your own chocolate sauce was possible. I bet if you stirred in a few cups of milk it would make the most DIVINE Cocoa for Christmas Eve. Thanks for sharing!