Friday, September 11, 2009

Scarlett Gives Hugs to Grampa

I realize that this is a totally super-spiritualized thought (or at least entirely un-Baptist) but I believe that he at least knows what's going on in our lives and perhaps that God even lets him glimpse his oh-so-loved-and-missed granddaughter growing up. In any case, we are most certainly on his mind as he continues to wait for us.
























Closer to me You're in the laughter and the tears
Of the ones I leave behind me
Who have prayed me through the years
Closer to You
And I know it won't be long
Till You're running down the pathway
Just to take me in Your arms

-Mark Schultz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! It's obviously no accident I saw your blog today. Mark Schultz wrote that song you quoted in memory of my friend Lacy after she died, nearly 7 years ago. She suffered with cancer, and that song is such a beautiful testimony to her spirit. I am so pleased it has also ministered to you.
Blessings-
Lee