Friday, April 18, 2008

Maybe she'll take a tract?

There is this one lady who goes to our gym in the mornings. She's probably in her mid-50's, she works out in the women's room, and she always gets to the gym before we do. I normally like to use the women's room also, just because I'm not a fan of watching sweaty men workout, nor am I a fan of sweaty men watching sweaty ME work out.

Yet I refuse to join the lady in the women's room because of two things. First, she only wears a sports bra for a top. Now, I don't think that's right for a 20-year old, but remember, I said she's in her 50's??? And on top of that, she's got some wicked yoga moves that one just shouldn't have to subject oneself to! Jeromy was the first one to refer to her as "Belly Lady". I didn't start it.


The second reason I refuse to work out with her is because she watches the Lifetime channel nonstop! I mean at 6a.m. for crying out loud! Not my favorite way to fuel up my brain for the day! Yet I would feel like a criminal if I flipped the channel to the news. Even Beth Moore is on at that time!!!! This lady never talks to anyone, and always looks like she's glaring whenever anyone else is in "her" room. I suppose I could be making this up in my head, but I feel it's safer to just stay away and let her do her....thing.


I only use the woman's room for the hip abductor and hip adductor machines, and I tell ya, I struggle with those torturous 7 minutes, suffering through...all...the...drama!!! (Even the best of mp3 players can't make it disappear!) You see, on Lifetime movies the kids are always sickeningly sweet, the woman in the movie is more often than not mentally ill and is having an affair, the guy is usually an abusive alcoholic and is having several affairs (and is never the children's father), and the woman's mother is always some gossipy-stuck-in-the-80's-too-much-lipstick-and-talks-like-she's-got-more-
money-to-blow-at-the-country-club-than-Bill-Gates!













Oh I just love you, Lifetime! Especially at the crack of dawn and when I get to work out alongside an angry, half-dressed woman! I'd rather watch the sweaty men...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hilarious! Despite my recent somewhat not-so-horrible Lifetime experience, I agree with you one million percent. Lifetime drama makes daytime drama seem so much less dramatic. Not a good way to start (or end) the day.